|Meatloaf Sandwiches on Sourdough|
Some things are always better the second day and right at the top of that list is meatloaf. Meatloaf sandwiches are one of the true great guilty pleasures in life–thick cold slices of meatloaf packed between lightly toasted and buttered sourdough bread, slices of cheddar cheese, a few rings of raw onion and an ample dose of mustard and ketchup. Served alongside a handful of potato chips and a pickle spear, meatloaf sandwiches make for a great lunch.
Mr. B likes his meatloaf warmed just a bit and sometimes he asks me to hold the onions, but when there’s leftover meatloaf in the fridge, this is what he requests for lunch–everyday until there’s no more meatloaf to make into sandwiches.
Me? I like plenty of onions and mustard. Don’t deny yourself; make meatloaf toady and tomorrow, this could be your lunch.
Killer Meatloaf Sandwich
2 slices lightly toasted sourdough bread
2-3 slices leftover meatloaf
1-2 thin slices of red onion
1-2 slices cheddar cheese
1. Lightly butter sourdough toast.
2. Spread mustard on one slice and ketchup on the other.
3. Place meatloaf slices on a plate and warm in the microwave; immediately put meatloaf back in the microwave and heat for an additional 15 seconds until the cheese is soft.
4. Place meatloaf sliced on mustard piece of sourdough; top with onions.
5. Place ketchup slice on top; slice.
6. Serve with chips and big dill pickle spears.