|Veggie Burger Deluxe|
Not so long ago, Mr. B would cock an eyebrow in my direction whenever I mentioned having more vegetarian meals in our lives. It’s not that Mr. B isn’t willing to try new things, for he has a most adventurous palate. It’s not that he’s not open to new adventures, because he’s got a pretty playful personality. It’s just that Mr. B likes meat. A lot.
I’ve been feeding him veggie burgers on a regular basis for a long time now and he’s grown to love them and stop looking at them as if he wished they’d turn into ground sirloin. So, this year, in honor of Earth Day, I decided to whip up a special burger that not only paid tribute to our dear planet, but also paid homage to my favorite flavor combinations. This is my favorite way to eat a veggie burger and since Mr. B agrees, it’s my turn to convince you. If you haven’t given them a try, now is your chance. Sandwiched between layers of feta cheese and sprouts and generously covered with spicy harissa, these burgers rock the flavor profile.
Mel’s Earth Burgers
1 whole grain English muffin, split and toasted
veggie burger patty, cooked (I like Morning Star Farms Grillers™ or Amy’s All American™)
1. Spread one half of the English muffin with a bit of mayo.
2. Top with a generous handful of sprouts.
3. On the other half of the English muffin, spread a thick layer of harissa and top with the veggie patty.
4. Spread more harissa on top of the veggie patty.
5. Top with the top half of the muffin, gently press together and enjoy.